HR Consulting for Non-Profits
HR support for the foundations that support others
Human resources is essential for any enterprise, and non-profit businesses are no exception. With finite budgets and resources, HR’s role in non-profit organizations is often crucial to ensure they can achieve their goals and maintain success. Our non-profit HR consulting services are designed to work with your team, identifying opportunities and creating plans that build a strong foundation for your operations.
Non-profits Need HR Consulting
Non-profits, like any other organization, require effective HR management. However, non-profits often have limited resources and expertise to manage these HR functions effectively. This is where HR consulting can be particularly valuable.
HR consulting for non-profits can help with a range of critical functions. Additionally, HR consultants can provide guidance and support in developing and implementing HR policies and procedures that align with the non-profit’s mission and values.
Overall, HR consulting can be a valuable investment for non-profits looking to build a strong HR foundation and effectively manage their most important asset – their people.
Challenges Facing Non-Profit Organizations
Non-profit organizations face various unique HR challenges that can make managing their workforce challenging. Here are some common hurdles faced by non-profits:
- Limited resources: It’s common to operate with a limited budget and resources as a non-profit, making it difficult to attract and retain top talent.
- High turnover: Non-profits may experience high turnover rates due to burnout or lack of advancement opportunities.
- Compliance with labour laws and regulations: Non-profit organizations are bound by the same labour laws and regulations as for-profit organizations. But by comparison, non-profits may have minimal expertise to ensure compliance.
- Fundraising and grant restrictions: Non-profits may be subject to restrictions on how they can use their funds, which can impact their ability to offer competitive salaries and benefits.
- Volunteer management: Volunteers are heavily important in supporting the mission of non-profits, but managing volunteers can be a complex and time-consuming task.
Comprehensive HR Solutions
In our experience, the best way to provide HR solutions is to work with the organization to understand its core needs and goals. At True North, we see the issues facing each non-profit we work with as unique areas for improvement and maintain a tailored and comprehensive approach that covers your high and low-level concerns. Here are some of our services that can help non-profits who need HR consulting:
Recruitment and Compensation
From volunteers to full-time staff, True North can help non-profits by developing effective recruitment and retention strategies tailored to our clients’ unique needs. Our solutions encompass a broad range of HR services, including creating job descriptions and postings, conducting candidate interviews and reference checks, and establishing compensation and benefits packages.
Compliance and Policies
Our team can assist you in navigating complex labour laws and regulations by ensuring compliance with federal, provincial and local legislation. Our team of experts is well-versed in all aspects related to employment law and can provide guidance on wage and hour laws, employee classification, workplace safety, and developing HR policies and procedures.
HR Process Consulting
Your process workflow is inherently delicate and needs to be strong as a non-profit. Our HR process consulting can allow you to make immediate and longer-term goals possible through actionable and achievable changes.
Working with True North HR
The support you provide to those you serve through your non-profit is invaluable. Strengthen the foundation of that support with non-profit HR consulting that makes sense and is designed to build up your organization. We foster a culture of listening and aim to understand your mission and goals as well as you do. From there, we create recommendations that make a positive difference and create a more significant impact.